It is official. DMX is crazy.
And not “Lady Gaga, sell a million records” crazy. Just off-the-deep-end crazy.
New York’s Power 105.1 interviewed DMX last week on everything from drugs to why he has ten kids.
Here are the best quotes from the 23-minute discussion, courtesy of Popdust.com:
15. “You’d be surprised what can be considered a drug.” (On whether he’s still on drugs.)
14. “Rick Ross looks more like Biggie.” (On Charlemagne’s comparison of Young Jeezy to 2Pac and Rick Ross to Notorious B.I.G.)
13. “Yeah…a whole bunch of random letters.” (On being diagnosed with ADHD.)
12. “I don’t do none of that. I don’t even know how to use a computer.” (On whether he engages in social media.)
11. “I been using condoms! Those are the ones that broke! Clearly you misunderstanding how much pussy I get! I GETS IT IN!” (On being advised to use condoms.)
10. “Well, uh…me…” (On what rappers out right now he considers “nice”.)
9. “I got too many cars to not drive ‘em, man.” (On whether he’ll drive again despite his perpetually suspended license.)
8. “Who’s MMG?” (On whether or not rumors of him signing to MMG were true.)
7. “I trust them to stab you in the back. I trust a snake to be a snake. You know what I mean?….I’m trusting more now.” (On whether or not he trusts women.)
6. “I got ten kids. What do you think?” (On whether or not he’s addicted to sex.)
5. “My dick stay hard when I’m sleeping. I woke up plenty of times, Wifey just on me, just gettin’ it. But you know, that’s Wifey. All right, woman, do what you gonna do…then just go back to sleep.” (On the practical implications of how a woman could steal his semen against his will.)
4. “He was just totally disrespecting my authority! Not that I HAD the authority…but what if I really did have the authority?” (On flipping out at a guy while pretending to be a cop.)
3. “I don’t like anything about Drake. I don’t like his voice, I don’t like what he talks about, I don’t like his face, I don’t like the way he walks, I don’t like his haircut. I might just…Let me shut up. I’ll just stop right there.” (On Drake.)
2. “Priorities!” (On why he interrupted filming Cradle 2 the Grave with Jet Li to go fly remote-control helicopters for four hours.)
1. “It was just a beautiful place, man…we come from the studio one day, and we just pulled over on the highway, just watch the sunrise…it’s like, yo, it’s crazy. And you can carry guns! I went out there with eight felonies and I can carry a gun?! You serious? What do you mean, ‘Why did I go to Arizona’?” (On why he went to Arizona.)
At least he can rap.